Companies want YOU on their websites to shop. The incentives encourage more shopping —-so it’s important to take precautions to prevent compulsive shopping.
- Don’t store your credit card info online. The process of having to type in the info will allow time to consider the question “Do I really need this?”
- Wait 2-3 days, preferably a week before ordering
- Check prices Flipp is a great app that allows easy searching between stores
Personally, I ask my partner before making purchases (most of the time!)
Sometimes, I am too frugal. For example I ordered cookie trays from Amazon and only wanted to order one. My partner encouraged me to order two because it will improve my baking experience and simplify life.
Now, that the responsibility part is covered… it’s time to shop.
- My preferred cash back website because I often order via Amazon & cash back is usually higher
- Big Fat Pay cheque every 3 months
- Easy to navigate and quick to load
- Offers cash back through Swagbucks can redeem for cash, gift cards and donations to charitable causes
- Can earn extra SB by watching videos and answering surveys
- Need to earn 2500 SB for $25 cash via PayPal
- Cons: website takes time to load
Shop Healthy Online
- Cash back is offered for well.ca (free samples provided with order) when using Ebates or Swagbucks
- Caddle app offers a $10 cash back for first time purchases ordered through the app.
- Can earn $10 per referral of friend (if you place an order entering my referral code: 0c838599c3 would be awesome)
- Delivery and service: TBA placed first order last week
- Great prices, huge selection on products
- Delivery is so fast
- Amazing service
- Generally cheaper than Amazon or Well.Ca (depends on product)
- Does not offer cash back (yet!)
Use the cash back websites for products that you already purchase. The marketing is well designed to encourage spending. Shop savvy.